For more than two decades, the IU 21st Century Scholars Program has been committed to prepare all students for lifelong success. With the establishment of the IU 21st Century Scholarship Covenant, there are even more reasons to make Indiana University Bloomington your destination for a bachelor's degree. Below are some fast facts:
* The IU 21st Century Scholars Program is the largest academic support department in terms of student enrollment (~ 3,378 scholars). During the 2016-2017 academic year, 812 scholars from the Bicentennial Class of 2020 enrolled at Indiana University Bloomington.
* During the 2015-2016 academic year, the Indiana 21st Century Scholars Program have awarded $25,776,763 full tuition scholarship to approximately 2,588 low-income 21st Century Scholars at Indiana University Bloomington (IU University Institutional Research and Reporting, 2016).
* More than 500 scholars graduated from Indiana University Bloomington on Saturday, May 6, 2017. The Class of 2017 represented the largest graduating class since the program's founding in 1990.
* The high school cumulative GPA for our incoming Class of 2021 is 3.61 of which 219 scholars had a 4.00 cumulative GPA at the completion of high school.
* Approximately 50% of our incoming Class of 2021 are students of color. The Class of 2021 enrollment by ethnicity is: 49.8% Caucasian, 25.1% African Americans, 15.1% Hispanics, 7.9% Asian Americans, 0.2% Native Americans , and 0.1% Pacific Islands Americans.
* The top five cities our 21st Century Scholars permanently reside (i.e., origin of residence) are: 1) Indianapolis, 2) Fort Wayne, 3) Bloomington, 4) South Bend, and 5) Fishers
* The top five majors our 21st Century Scholars pursue at Indiana University Bloomington are: 1) Biology, 2) Nursing, 3) Management/Marketing, 4) Psychology, and 5) Social Work
* The 21st Century Scholars Program at Indiana University Bloomington is the only institution in the state of Indiana to offer the 21st Century Scholarship Covenant to help scholars pay for housing, textbooks, and academic and professional workshops.
* The 21st Century Scholars Program at Indiana University Bloomington boasted the highest number of seniors total (34 scholars) within OVPDEMA programs that have graduated with a 3.7+Cumulative GPAor higher in May 2017.
* The 21st Century Scholars Program at Indiana University Bloomington have sent the largest number of scholars abroad to receive an IU OVPDEMA summer study abroad scholarship through the IU OVPDEMA Overseas Studies and Scholarship Program. In 2017, our department boasted the highest number of scholars total (24 out of 35 recipients) within IU OVPDEMA programs to study abroad in Brazil and India.
* 21st Century Scholars at Indiana University Bloomington boasts the highest four-year graduation rate in the state of Indiana.
* 21st Century Scholars at Indiana University Bloomington are enrolled in every school/department, working on degrees in virtually every major offered.
* At least 10,000 low-income students at Indiana University Bloomington have earned a college degree through the Indiana 21st Century Scholarship.
* 21st Century Scholars at Indiana University Bloomington are 1.4 times more likely to be the first in their family to go to college.
* 21st Century Scholars at Indiana University Bloomington are over 2.5 times more likely to be raised by single parents.
* 21st Century Scholars at Indiana University Bloomington reported family income was 75 percent lower than the average student who applies financial aid.
* Several journal articles have highlighted the success of the 21st Century Scholars Program at Indiana University Bloomington including The Review of Higher Education and Research in Higher Education.