Staff and Advisor Availability
While 21cs Advisors do not have regular drop-ins or appointments throughout summer, if you have questions/concerns, they can always be reached via email shown below and on our staff directory page.
Connect with us if you have academic or other questions/concerns related, but not limited to:
- Navigating the S Grade option (See email from Provost Robel 3/26/20)
- Managing & transitioning to online coursework
- General Academic performance
- Academic status – Probation or high risk
- Personal challenges adjusting to not being in Bloomington or being here separate from others
- Summer courses (all online if with IU)
- Fall 2020 registration (separate communication from assigned advisor)
- 21CS Scholar Success Program
Jen Berry (firstname.lastname@example.org), Lead Advisor
Rachel Boveja (email@example.com), Academic Advisor & Career Initiatives Coordinator
Andrew Schwartz (firstname.lastname@example.org), Academic Advisor & S.M.A.R.T. Program Coordinator
If you have any questions about:
- State or SAP appeals
- FAFSA verification
- Any other questions or concerns about your scholarship
Email, Nikki Davenport (email@example.com) (NOTE: Nikki is currently until mid August)
Questions about state appeals and scholarship eligibility, please be sure to contact the State 888-528-4719.
Questions about Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP) appeals and verification, please be sure to contact Student Central (firstname.lastname@example.org), 812-855-6500.
ScholarCorps AmeriCorps Members
IUB 21st Century Scholars Q & A
Will our office still be available remotely?
Yes, we will still be available. Email us at email@example.com with any questions or concerns.
Will there be virtual events and workshops?
Yes, please refer to our website: workshops,newsletter, events and follow us on social media for updates. (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, LinkedIn and YouTube)
What will happen to my financial aid?
Please see the Student Central Resource below. If you still have questions about your specific account, please email them at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Will tutoring services still be offered?
Yes, please see our Tutoring Services page.
I am worried about my credit completion in relation to COVID-19, who should I contact?
Please contact any of the 21CS academic advisors, see “Academic Advisors” above.
I took an S/F course, will this affect my 21CS scholarship?
Passed courses (S grades) earn credits. A failed course (F grade, regardless) does not earn credits and can impact eligibility. Contact a 21CS Advisor if you have additional questions.
If you are worried about not reaching 30 credit hours this year, please contact any of the 21CS academic advisors, see “Academic Advisors” above.
If you have questions on how it may affect your major, please contact your major advisor.
Mental Health and Wellness Resources
- CAPS (Counseling and Psychological Services)
- CAPS Reopening Plan and Resources for 2020-2021
- FREE IU coloring pages
- REC Sports at home (updated every Monday)
- "Ask the Trainer" for free advice!
- Resiliency Tool Kit
- Mindfulness Took Kit
- Mindfulness Resources to find calm and nourish Resilience
- Zoom Health
- Four ways to calm your mind in stressful times
- Free mental health screening
- YMCA free online workout videos
- Care for your coronavirus anxiety
- IU Health Student Center
- Be Well Indiana
- Be Well Crisis Helpline (Dial 211-option 3)
- Healthy IU
IU Bloomington Campus Resources
- Free meals for IU students (In response the pandemic, IU Dining is collaborating with the Food Institute, the Campus Kitchen, the Food Project, GPSG, and others on an Emergency Meal Project. You can also donate here.)
- IU Coronavirus Website
- Division of Student Affairs Care Referral
- Student Central (If you have any specific account questions or need assistance with your financial aid, contact them at email@example.com)
- RPS move-out FAQ (If you have any specific questions or concerns, email askRPS@iu.edu)
- WiFi Access lot hot spots and free 60 day access from Comcast, Spectrum
- Crimson Cupboard Food Pantry
- MoneySmarts/ IU Financial Literacy
- MoneySmarts Resource Guide
- Student Advocates Office
- Student Academic Center
- Academic Support Center
- Writing Tutorial Services
- University Division
- Career Development Center
- UITS Help & Support
- Office of Overseas Study
- Resources for Temporary Employees Experiencing Food Insecurity
- Student Involvement and Leadership Center
- Emergency Meal Project - Request a Meal
Bloomington Community Resources
Government & CDC
Visit the learnmoreindiana.org/students-families/covid-19/ site for a complete list of resources especially geared towards 21st Century Scholars. (guidance and support regarding digital access, financial assistance and financial aid)
- Indiana State Department of Health
- Use of Cloth Face Coverings to help slow the spread of COVID-19
- Mental Health Considerations During the COVID-19 Outbreak
- Consumer Financial Protect Bureau
- Receiving IRS Economic Impact Payments
- Indiana COVID-19 Rental Assistance Program
- Free testing throughout the state
- Practical ways to spend the stimulus check
- How to get help if you can't pay your bills
- How to open a bank account remotely
- Monitor your credit report for free!
- Resources for Homeless LGBTQ+ Youth
- How to Prepare Financially for When Your $600 of Federal Pandemic Unemployment Compensation Ends
- How to Protect Yourself Financially from the Impact of the Coronavirus